Get the help you need
If your organisation needs help, take the opportunity use Volunteer Wessex to get access to your local volunteer database.
With Volunteer Centres throughout Hampshire, you can list your vacancy to promote to potential volunteers through our volunteering database, to local media outlets and via the Hampshire Volunteer Centre Network. This will give you a much improved chance of finding your perfect match (and reduce the time it takes you in dealing with unsuitable volunteers).
Further information about Volunteer Centres
Volunteer Centres form a national network of agencies working to support volunteers and volunteering. Locally we are committed to providing a high standard of service for volunteers and organisations.
Our Service Standards include:
- Matching both individuals and groups interested in volunteering with appropriate opportunities in the local community
- Brokering volunteering opportunities in whichever way is most appropriate using a range of mediums
- Providing a personal service to advise on appropriate opportunities
- Promoting volunteering as a two-way process that benefits organisations and individuals
- Promoting volunteering and specific volunteering opportunities online, through printed publicity materials, local media, special events and outreach activities
- Supporting local and national volunteering campaigns (e.g. National Student Volunteering Week,Volunteers’ Week, Make a Difference Day)
Good practice development
- Providing good quality information on developing high quality volunteer opportunities, volunteer recruitment and management to organisations; including the development of policies, screening, insurance and compliance with the legislation
- Extending the reach and impact of volunteering locally, reflecting the needs and diversity of the local community
- Providing resources for best practice, training or signposting training opportunities
- Helping volunteers and organisations to resolve problems when things go wrong or relationships break down
Policy response and campaigning
- Maintaining awareness of policies affecting the voluntary sector
- Responding effectively to consultation
- Campaigning to protect the interests of the voluntary sector and volunteers