Volunteer needed on Tuesdays and Thursdays to help us run this popular community group.
We are The Hampshire Food Revolution; we aim to provide the local community with a place to meet, chat and re-home great food that would otherwise end up in landfill.
We collect donated food from supermarkets and set up in the Fareham North West Community Centre, where everyone from the local area is welcome to come and make use of this food, as well as having a cup of tea or coffee, cake and a chat.
The job involves:
- Arriving at 12.00 at the Community Centre
- Helping to put up tables and chairs in the hall
- Helping to bring food crates in from the car park
- Sorting food and putting it out on tables
- Assisting visitors who have come for food, chatting to them and helping them to find what they want.
- Clearing away at the end, putting away tables and chairs, washing up, hoovering etc.
We are looking for volunteers to help us between 12.00 and 4.00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. You don’t have to be available on both days – although if you are, that’s great – but if you want to get involved with this local community group, we’d love to hear from you.
You will need to be:
Willing to work as part of a team
Friendly and helpful
Able to travel independently to the Community Centre (Henry Cort Drive, Fareham)
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROLE INVOLVES LIFTING CRATES OF FOOD AND MOVING FURNITURE; THEREFORE YOU WILL NEED TO BE PHYSICALLY ABLE TO DO THESE TASKS.*
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Fareham North West Community Centre
Henry Cort Drive
The Twofold Trust Welcome Club
Winchester Churches Nightshelter
Richmond Fellowship - Recovery Focus