We are looking for a passionate and engaging people person who loves the countryside and wants to create change.
CPRE fights for a better future for the English Countryside. We work locally and nationally to protect, shape and enhance our beautiful, thriving countryside for everyone to value and enjoy.
CPRE Hampshire is an independent charity which is part of the CPRE family. Our National Office is supported by county branches who campaign locally to influence decision making on a range of environmental and land-use issues. Within CPRE Hampshire, we have 6 District Groups made up of passionate and talented volunteers that this role would work closely with.
We will be launching a new campaign to protect the vulnerable countryside between Portsmouth, Southampton, and Winchester in 2018. Having an active base of well supported volunteers is integral to the success of this campaign and we hope to find someone who is passionate about working with people and creating change to work with our volunteers on our campaigns.
Activities will include but are not limited to:
• Completing a skills audit of existing CPRE Hampshire volunteers
• Helping to identify gaps in current skills and develop volunteer roles to meet organisational needs
• Helping to develop plans to recruit volunteers to our District Groups and to work with the branch office
• Being a point of contact for all volunteers and help to manage the activity of volunteers
• Promoting volunteer roles through recruitment and publicity plans
• Identifying opportunities to reward and recognise volunteers
• Helping to develop an induction process for new volunteers joining the organisation
• Helping to build the capacity of our volunteer by identifying and organise training
• Supporting the development and delivery of voluntary activities in communities
• Working closely with the office team to identify areas where volunteers can support our work
We are looking for someone who meets most of the criteria as outlined below.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for working with people
• Ability to work in a methodical way with attention to detail
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate and work with a wide range of people
• Ability to enthuse and motivate people
• Ability to work alone with a proactive approach to work
• Competence with various IT applications and use of email/internet
• Working knowledge of social media platforms, especially Facebook
• Experience of managing volunteers
• An interest in the countryside
• An understanding of or interest in campaigning
• Access to own vehicle
- Age/Gender Restrictions
- Training provided
- Volunteer policy
- Covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
- Equal opportunities policy
- Written role description
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and safety support
When: 13/12/2017 - 25/01/2019
This opportunity is available throughout Hampshire.
More Opportunities from Campaign to Protect Rural England Hampshire
Campaign to Protect Rural England Hampshire
Unit 4 Bridgetts Farm Office, Bridgetts Lane Martyr Worthy, Winchester
- 25 Jan 2019