Several interesting and varied voluntary roles are available with The Portsmouth & South East Hampshire Support Group for the National Osteoporosis Society (NOS). The volunteer led Support Group meet on a regular basis, generally in Cosham, to offer support to people affected by osteoporosis and engage with and support their local health professionals. There is a programme of themed meetings, approximately 8-9 per year, each with a speaker as well as a Bring a Buy Sale to raise vital funds for the charity.
Support Group Helper - approx. 4-5 hours/month
- To assist on the day with the Support Group events held in Cosham, generally held on Thursdays approx. 8-9 per year
- Helpers particularly needed in Bishops Waltham, Wickham, Petersfield, Waterlooville, Portsmouth and Farlington
- Organisational skills
- Enthusiasm and a passion to support the aims of the charity
- IT skills and communication skills
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Volunteers would need to be available for the support group meetings and other team meetings.
More Opportunities from The National Osteoporosis Society
Winton House Centre
Hampshire County Council Countryside Service
Sue Ryder Havant