Several interesting and varied voluntary roles are available with The Portsmouth & South East Hampshire Support Group for the National Osteoporosis Society (NOS). The volunteer led Support Group meet on a regular basis, generally in Cosham, to offer support to people affected by osteoporosis and engage with and support their local health professionals. There is a programme of themed meetings, approximately 8-9 per year, each with a speaker as well as a Bring a Buy Sale to raise vital funds for the charity.
Support Group Helper - approx. 4-5 hours/month
- To assist on the day with the Support Group events held in Cosham, generally held on Thursdays approx. 8-9 per year
- Helpers particularly needed in Bishops Waltham, Wickham, Petersfield, Waterlooville, Portsmouth and Farlington
- Organisational skills
- Enthusiasm and a passion to support the aims of the charity
- IT skills and communication skills
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Volunteers would need to be available for the support group meetings and other team meetings.
More Opportunities from The National Osteoporosis Society
The Phoenix Theatre & Arts Centre
Havant Borough Talking Newspaper