What will I be doing?
Side by Side helps people with dementia to keep doing the things they love with the support of a volunteer. Our one-to-one support makes it easier for people with dementia, who might sometimes feel isolated or find it difficult to leave their homes, remain active and feel part of their local community.
By doing things like going for a walk, to a rugby match, or joining a local class together, our volunteers support people with dementia to take up hobbies, get out and about or try something new.
Is this role for me?
This role may be
ideal for you if you:-
· Want to help people with dementia stay active
· Are passionate about supporting people with dementia to improve their quality of life
· Have good verbal communication and listening skills, especially face to face
· Recognise the importance of confidentiality
- Age restrictions
Must be 18+
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
When and how often? This role would require someone to be available a few hours every week or fortnight Our volunteers support people with dementia during the day times, evenings or weekends. We require a six month commitment for this role, to ensure continuity for the people we support.
This opportunity is available Countywide.
More Opportunities from Alzheimer's Society
The National Osteoporosis Society
Sue Ryder Drayton
Age Concern Cowplain