Do you enjoy taking minutes and other administrative tasks? Got a few hours to spare? Do you have an interest in disability issues?
This new organisation in Whitehill & Bordon is looking for a secretary to join their friendly group and take on this role.
The Secretary will ensure responsible administration as follows:-
- To prepare agendas in consultation with the Chair
- To circulate agendas and any supporting papers in good time.
- To receive agenda items from other committee members.
- To check that a quorum is present.
- To minute meetings and circulate..
- To check that committee members have carried out action(s) agreed.
- To circulate agendas and minutes of the annual general meeting (AGM) and any special or extraordinary general meetings.
- To ensure up-to-date records are kept of committee membership.
Make Arrangements for Meetings
- To ensure arrangements for meetings are met (booking the room, arranging for equipment and refreshments, organising facilities for those with special needs, etc).
Experience of committee work and procedures.
Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences.
Approachable and sensitive to the feelings of others.
Well organised and having an eye for detail.
Ability to work well with the Chair.
An ability to give approximately 4 hours a month plus attending committee meetings.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Training provided
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Written role description
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and Safety Policy
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 11/07/2017
End Date: 11/07/2018
This opportunity has no specific location.
More Opportunities from Whitehill & Bordon Disability Action
Havant Borough Talking Newspaper
Rowlands Castle Good Neighbours
Winchester Churches Nightshelter