Do you enjoy taking minutes and other administrative tasks? Got a few hours to spare? Do you have an interest in disability issues?
This new organisation in Whitehill & Bordon is looking for a secretary to join their friendly group and take on this role.
The Secretary will ensure responsible administration as follows:-
- To prepare agendas in consultation with the Chair
- To circulate agendas and any supporting papers in good time.
- To receive agenda items from other committee members.
- To check that a quorum is present.
- To minute meetings and circulate..
- To check that committee members have carried out action(s) agreed.
- To circulate agendas and minutes of the annual general meeting (AGM) and any special or extraordinary general meetings.
- To ensure up-to-date records are kept of committee membership.
Make Arrangements for Meetings
- To ensure arrangements for meetings are met (booking the room, arranging for equipment and refreshments, organising facilities for those with special needs, etc).
Experience of committee work and procedures.
Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences.
Approachable and sensitive to the feelings of others.
Well organised and having an eye for detail.
Ability to work well with the Chair.
An ability to give approximately 4 hours a month plus attending committee meetings.
- Expenses reimbursed
- Written role description
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
When: 11/07/2017 - 11/07/2018
More Opportunities from Whitehill & Bordon Disability Action
Whitehill & Bordon Disability Action
Working from home
27 Sep 2017 - 27 Sep 2018