The role of Play and Youth volunteers is to support the leaders, staff and other volunteers operating the schemes. We look for friendly and enthusiastic people who want to support the children and young people that we have on scheme to enable them to have a fun filled and enjoyable day.
1. Being part of the Challengers play and youth team that provides a high quality, safe, fun and friendly play and leisure service for children aged 3 – 12 and young people aged 13 – 25.
2. To support the scheme Leader, Deputy and other staff in all aspects of care and supervision of children and young people who attend Challengers – encouraging and supporting children to fully realise their abilities and providing a safe and happy play environment.
3. Be a team member, supporting others volunteering and working on the scheme.
4. Help the team keep venues and sites clean, tidy and secure. Support the team to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act (information available from Challengers).
5. Attend training sessions and meetings that are needed to carry out the role.
6. Report any concern about a child’s welfare or safety in accordance with Challengers Child Protection Policy and Procedure.
7. To conduct yourself and represent the Charity in a manner which reflects all the values and principles of The Challengers Approach.
Training day information available on Website
Team Work, Caring,
Patience and Understanding.
Active in Play.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Expenses paid for travel up to 15 miles.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 10/05/2016
End Date: 10/05/2020
In East Hampshire our schemes are in Alton and Petersfield. Our expectations for scheme volunteering are as follows – feel free to choose one or more; 2 Saturdays per month Or 1 evening per week 2 days every week over the summer holidays and/or Easter holidays and two half term breaks.
Park Families Ltd
Chestnut Tree House children's hospice
Open Sight - Hampshire
Mid Hants Railway