The Tea, Talk and Trips (TTT) club at Fareham North West Community Centre is vital to combating loneliness and social isolation among older people in the local community. The club is looking for more people to get involved in helping the members to run their club and develop their own interests into shared activities.
There is more to running a club than tea and cake and we are keen to put together a team of volunteers with a range of skills.
· You could spend your Monday afternoon with a fun loving group of older people at their weekly club meeting. As one of a team running the club you will play an active part in ensuring everyone has the best possible time. You might be chatting with the club members, assisting with activities, helping out with refreshments, working with members to put together a varied programme each week.
· We also need helpers who are willing to come in and set up the tables and chairs or to pack things away at the end of a session.
· You might even want to train to drive the minibus that takes members to and from the centre.
· An organised person who can keep records, make bookings for trips out and keep cash donations safe.
We are looking for friendly, patient, considerate individuals who are happy to be part of a team that works with others to help ensure that everyone gets the chance to play an active part in the club.
You might enjoy some or all of the following:
· Sitting and chatting to people.
· Making and serving refreshments.
· Practical skills and like to roll up your sleeves and keep busy.
· Organising things; basic IT skills; keeping records; making phone bookings.
· A specific skill or interest you would like to share with the members.
- Age restrictions
18+ unless accompanied
- DBS check required
enhanced check. We will arrange this free of charge
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
The club meets weekly but we welcome committed volunteers to join the team on a flexible basis.
Fareham North West Community Centre
More Opportunities from Community First
Stroke Association - New Forest and Waterside
Hampshire Cultural Trust Allen Gallery & Curtis Museum
Riding For The Disabled - Broadlands
Surrey County Council Library Volunteering