Purpose of the role To assist the bureau in obtaining resources for the service. This could be:
● help in kind
Main duties and responsibilities may include:
● Identifying possible sources of funding in the community such as:
○ local businesses
○ charitable trusts.
● Working with the manager to fit funders to projects being developed in the bureau.
● Developing a relationship with local funders so that they are aware of bureau activities.
● Developing and maintaining a database of supporters.
● Developing a ‘Friends of the bureau' group to encourage and promote community fundraising.
● Facilitating the fundraising sub-committee within the bureau; arranging meetings etc.
● Assisting with the drafting of funding applications
● Drafting publicity materials for fundraising campaigns.
A commitment to the aims and principles of the CAB service.
To understand the importance of confidentiality.
The ability to write clear reports.
Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
The ability to analyse and evaluate information.
A willingness to attend training and other meetings.
To be approachable and friendly.
Ability to work on own initiative.
We are based on the 1st Floor of Fareham Library. There is a lift to the 1st floor. We are happy to discuss individual needs and will endeavour to meet those needs.
- Age restrictions
Anyone over 16 years. There is no upper age restriction.
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Parking costs and travel expenses within the borough of Fareham are reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
First Floor, Fareham Library
More Opportunities from Citizens Advice Fareham
Emsworth Good Neighbours
Winchester Churches Nightshelter
Royal Air Forces Association