As a Dream Supporter volunteer you can get involved in various ways. This includes the following:
As a researcher:
- Research possible fundraising activities in the local area we could get involved in
- Research event ideas or venues (e.g Pub quiz, bake sale etc).
- Look at supermarkets, football matches, Christmas light switch ons etc to arrange collections.
- New Fundraising ideas and activities for the volunteer group to implement or get involved in
- Talks and cheque presentations:
- To go along to groups and talk about the charity (we can provide you with a presentation for this). To attend cheque presentations, this might involve a short speech.
To go along to groups and talk about the charity (we can provide you with a presentation for this)
- Talk to local businesses about taking a collection tin.
- Deliver and replace collection tins and collect full collection tins
- To speak to businesses, schools, pubs etc about the charity to see if they would be interested in supporting Dreams Come True and the way.
To help cheering participants at events(this might be further afield than your local area)
Dream Champions should be;
Passionate - about working with a national charity that enables poorly children and young adults to fulfil their personal dreams.
Good organisational and communication skills.
Experience in the planning of events would be beneficial but not essential. We'll give you all the tools you need to succeed.
Willingness to do presentations to school groups or businesses, so a Dream Champion should enjoy meeting new people.
Volunteers will need to be able to drive.
- Age restrictions
Yes - If appropriate for this role
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Yes - Travel and meals paid for
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
33 Station Road
Hampshire, GU30 7DW
Age Concern Hampshire - Alton Community Hospital
Drayton and Farlington Action Group
Age Concern - Hampshire
The YOU Trust
Havant Borough Talking Newspaper