We have an exciting opportunity for a volunteer Chair to work with us on developing and managing our new Volunteer Community and Fundraising Committee in Portsmouth. As the Chair you will be responsible for leading a team of committed volunteers to raise awareness and funds in your local area. You will head up the community activities and fundraising developments in your area, motivate committee members and ensure that they are kept up to date with YoungDementia UK news and developments.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team leader who wants to make a difference and whose responsibilities will include;
- Keep up to date about the news and developments of YoungDementia UK and actively share this information with the committee.
- Make effective use of the skills and strengths of other committee members so that the committee has the greatest impact in your local area, raising funds and awareness.
- Work with the National Community and Events Fundraiser to maximise opportunities for the committee and the charity in your local area.
- Work with the National Community and Events Fundraiser on recruiting new committee members.
- Chair meetings, record and publish/circulate minutes and guide the committee in planning, events and activities.
- Be responsible for the banking of funds raised. Represent YoungDementia UK within the community and work with local community groups, schools and businesses.
- Research local opportunities and contacts.
- Be a creative, enthusiastic member of the committee and ensure YoungDementia UK presence at local events.
- Occasional attendance at events and meetings outside normal committee meetings.
- Keep the National Community and Events Fundraiser up to date with all activity.
- Develop new relationships and fundraising and awareness opportunities and help to organise events and activities in aid of YoungDementia UK.
Minimum 15 hours a month.
This is a community based role with some work required from home. An important part of the role is to attend and chair committee meetings at a local venue. Approved out-of-pocket expenses will be met by the charity.
For an application pack, or to discuss the role further, please contact Claire Smith by email at email@example.com or by calling her on 07840744559 (Monday-Friday). If you have not had a response to your application within 7 days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel 07840744559.
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude who likes to work within a team, motivating other team members, and who has good communication and leadership skills. Basic IT skills will be useful.
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When can I volunteer?
We are looking for someone who can give 15 hours a week at a time convenient to the volunteer. The role includes some evening and weekend activities including attending and chairing committee meetings at a local venue.
More Opportunities from YoungDementiaUK
British Heart Foundation
Binsted, Bentley, Froyle Voluntary Care Group
Hampshire Food Revolution
British Red Cross Shop