Many varied catering opportunities exist at the Steam Railway. These include:
* Serving a variety of drinks and snacks to visitors in the cafe and also on the trains
* Laying of silver service tables for meals on the dining trains
* Cooking food for the cafe or train meals.
For people with special needs, depends on need, due to health and safety-working steam railways.
A welcome day is run every two months to introduce people to available positions which gives the opportunity to visit and discover the possibilities.
Basic knowledge of catering. Full training given.
Age restriction - must be 16 years old or over.
- Age restrictions
18 & over
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
free tea coffee, subsidised meals
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 06/09/2018
End Date: 06/09/2019
The Railway Station
More Opportunities from Mid Hants Railway
Butser Ancient Farm - Experimental archaeology and education site. British prehistory to Anglo Saxon and Viking era.
Tall Ships Youth Trust
Wessex Film & Sound Archive