To support the development and delivery of the Museum’s Art Club.
The role will involve supporting the Art Club Tutor in matters including, but not restricted too:
• Teaching children in a wide range of art projects
• Preparing materials
• Setting up and tidying away after each session
Role Reports To:
Learning & Community Engagement Assistant
St. Peter’s Parish Hall, Petersfield
Commitment and benefits to you:
· Work in a positive working environment, have fun and make new friends
· Receive ongoing training
· Chance to be involved in other exciting projects around the Museum
· Monthly e-newsletter
· Volunteer socials
· Travel Expenses
· Shop discount
Why we want you:
Petersfield Museum is at an exciting time in its life as we close our doors and the redevelopment of the buildings and galleries begins. The Art Club will continue to be a key part of the museum’s community engagement during this time and we need help to support its delivery during our closed period.
• Be friendly and helpful with good communication skills
• Be proactive, creative and resourceful
• Have excellent team working skills
• Be passionate about arts and crafts
• Confident working with children
• Willingness to participate in the relevant training
• Have experience of using different art and crafts techniques
The building the Art Club is held in is fully accessible.
- Age restrictions
All volunteers must be 18+.
- DBS check required
Organised by the museum.
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
We pay parking expenses for volunteers (up to £5.00) to cover shifts.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
We hold training sessions each year and volunteers are encouraged to let us know what training they would like/need.
- Volunteer induction
Volunteers will be fully inducted by the Learning Assistant and/or Art Tutor.
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Commitment from you: A regular 1.5 or 3 hours per week split over 1 or 2 sessions (Mondays and Thursdays, term-time only) Duration: Ongoing
St. Peter's Parish Hall
St. Peter's Road
Twyford Waterworks Trust
Hampshire County Council - Staunton Country Park
Surrey County Council Library Volunteering