The YOU trust is a charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
This is what some of our clients say about their volunteers:
“Robert looks out the window waiting for the lads to arrive, they arrive cheerful and they are really fun”
“I finally get an afternoon to myself, would not have this time without our volunteer”
“The young lady takes the time to complete mum’s puzzle with her, which mum sets up before she arrives, it’s nice to see mum happy”
We have a variety of opportunities in and around Portsmouth and Fareham. There is always something you can do to help:
- Befriending – visiting someone who is isolated at home to have a chat and bring a smile to their day.
- Carer support – regularly visiting a cared for person, that you will be matched with based on shared interests, to enable their carer to have a couple of hours break.
- Out & About- accompanying people out for a walk, to a favourite place or to a social gathering.
- Community Groups- attending groups either as support for someone or to feedback about the group to the team.
- Shopping- for or with those who are elderly, unwell or disabled.
- DIY & Gardening- help with DIY, decorating or other domestic tasks around the house or gardening help.
If this sounds like the ideal opportunity for you, we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible! https://www.volunteerwessex.org/opportunities/community-friend-1003845/